In some ways, IPL fans should be thankful that their teams won many IPL titles as a result of playing in the league. In spite of this, did you know that there are a number of teams that have never won the IPL? Best IPL 2022 Live Score Apps
A lot of people will not be able to answer the question correctly regarding which team has never won the Indian Premier League.
Related:IPL 2022: Best Fielders of IPL
It is also important to note that some teams haven’t yet won the IPL trophy. There are three teams that have never won an IPL season: Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), Punjab Kings (PBKS), and Delhi Capitals (DC).
Despite struggling very much in each of the seasons, they were unable to score their first title in the Indian Premier League.
There are also some teams that have played in the IPL finals but, despite their best efforts, were unsuccessful in reaching the final. Here we will provide some information about these teams and also give you a peek of their early days in the IPL so far.
Who has won the maximum title in IPL?
Getting to the point, let us take a look at the best performers from recent IPL tournaments before we discuss which of these teams has yet to win the tournament. The Mumbai Indians hold the record for winning the most IPL titles. Chennai Super Kings won 4 titles, followed by Kolkata Knight Riders with two titles, and finally Mumbai Indians with 5 title. Considering these teams are well-known, it is no surprise that they are the most popular.
Related:Best Bowlers of IPL 2022
Who has won just once?
The Mumbai Indians, Chennai Super Kings, and Kolkata Knight Riders collectively won nine of the twelve titles in the IPL. As well as these teams, there are a number of other teams who have won at least one title in the IPL. In 2008, the Rajasthan Royals became the first team to win the IPL and it was also the team’s only title. It is worth noting that the two other teams to win a title in the IPL are the Deccan Chargers and Sunrisers Hyderabad. The Deccan Chargers have left the IPL.
Which team has never won any IPL title?
It should be noted, however, that the teams that correctly identified which team has never won the IPL tournament, were placed last. Of the eight teams going head-to-head in this season’s edition of the Indian Premier League, these are the teams that have never won the title. The three teams are Royal Challengers Bangalore, Kings XI Punjab, and Delhi Capitals. The answer to the question of which team has never won the IPL does not have to be a bad team. Each of these teams has its own standout players.
Related:Best IPL Bowlers of All Time
Why RCB Never Won IPL?
The following are a few reasons why Royal Challengers Bangalore has never won an IPL season so far:
- R.C.B. always has a weak bowling line up in the IPL and this is the reason behind their failure in the competition.
- There are not enough good all-rounders to make up for this.
- There is no top spin bowler, only Yuzvendra Chahal.
- In recent IPL seasons, RCB lacked a perfect opening pair.
- The RCB’s bowling lineup is weak, which makes it difficult for them to defend scores.
- RCB is heavily dependent on two or three big players to win matches. If they fail, then RCB always loses.
Why PBKS Never Won IPL?
Here are a few reasons why Punjab Kings never won any IPL season yet:
- A good captain or leader has always been the problem of the PBKS team.
- Nothing consistent about the middle order.
- In the spin bowling department, there are not enough good wicket-takers.
Why DC Never Won IPL?
Here are a few reasons why Delhi Capitals never won any IPL season yet:
- DC was always plagued with the problem of opening pairs.
- Delhi Capitals also had a problem with a good captain but within the IPL 2019, they were able to get Shreyas Iyer as the best captain and they qualified with their youngest team in the history of the IPL and they were very close to winning the title.
- There is a lack of good all-rounders in the squad.
A prominent figure in sports journalism for the last two decades. Cricket Analyst & Writing News, Features, Match Previews/Reviews/Reports, And Opinion Pieces on Cricket.